In today's world, IT recruiters need to be very active in building a network with potential candidates. The days of passive IT recruiting, when you placed job ads and then waited for applications, are over.
But how can you build a network? Generate future IT candidates that you can add to the recruiting process as needed? Here are some thoughts on this:
Each person knows at least 10 other people, all of whom could become your IT candidates
- Work with your existing candidate pool of applications and existing contacts.
- Ask for referrals in your candidate network and contact recommended individuals.
- Offer an incentive, a referral program for externals if they recommend candidates you then hire.
- Connect with your network offline and online. Meet at events, invite them to company events, and involve them in your online activities.
Every rejected candidate can be a source to new IT candidates
- You brought candidates into the application process, but in the end it wasn't enough? You introduced the person to the job and the company, but management hired someone else? Use your good relationship with the rejected candidates and ask for more referrals. Stay in touch with the rejected candidates and involve them in your activities.
- Rejected candidates have also invested a lot of time in the application process, just like you. They can become your mouthpiece in their own networks.
- Always give proactive and constructive feedback when it comes to rejection. Don't just send impersonal standard emails. This is not well received and you have most likely lost these candidates for the future.
Use your possibilities
- Don't just place your ads on job portals. Use dedicated online networks and groups on social media like LinkedIn and XING to draw attention to your vacancy. In dedicated groups you address the right target group.
- Do you think about who your target group is? Where your target group can be found? Groups abroad, such as "IT Jobs in Germany" also offer a large number of potential interested parties.
- Don't be shy! E-mail is nice. But totally impersonal and easy to ignore. Pick up the phone and call targeted IT candidates. Get them excited about your company and the role.
Active recruiting is indispensable nowadays. This is the only way you will fill your positions quickly. The only way is through personal networks that you maintain. Be reliable, stay in contact and soon you will see first successes.
Our offer for you in IT recruiting
If you want to reach the best IT professionals, contact us. indivHR helps to become even more successful in IT recruiting and to avoid common mistakes. We are happy to accompany you on the way to introduce Active Sourcing in your company.
As IT recruiting specialists with many years of experience, we know exactly how to design the candidate journey so that you are always ahead of your competitors. So that you get the best employees.