In times of a shortage of skilled workers, it is often the companies that have to present themselves to job applicants in order to be attractive as an employer. Employer branding is becoming increasingly important.
The 10 basics for successful recruiting are:
- You know exactly who the target group is that you are looking for and where you can find them (e.g. on online platforms). Employer branding
- You are clear about what makes you stand out as an employer and what makes you attractive compared to other employers. Companies apply to employees
- They have recognized that today's generation of young, well-educated applicants values factors such as work-life balance more than steep career paths and top salaries.
- They create customized job ads that grab attention instead of using old-fashioned, rigid wording.
- You are aware that the best person for you is not necessarily the one with the best grades, but the one who best fits you as a person. Maybe you had a difficult time at school or in your studies and your grades don't say everything about you either?
- In the interview, you convincingly present your advantages as an employer.
- In the interview, pay particular attention to soft skills and how the candidate fits with you and your team in terms of personality.
- You treat your candidates like good customers and keep them up to date with interim information on the progress of the application process.
- They give the applicant an insight into their field of work and introduce them to their potential colleagues in / after the final round of applications.
- Even if you reject an applicant, make an effort to communicate in person. Pick up the phone instead of writing an impersonal email. That way, the candidate is more likely to remember you fondly, and even if the job didn't work out. Perhaps they will meet again on another occasion or the candidate will recommend you to other applicants.
The magic word "employer branding
"Employer branding" has become a must. The aim here is for your company to be known as an attractive employer. Employer branding works best with a good combination of internal and external measures. In employer branding, it makes sense to start with existing employees, because who better to "advertise" your company than the people who work there?
Internal employer branding includes all measures aimed at the company's own employees. Some companies use their employees in the search for applicants in the form of photo shoots or recruiting videos. For this to have an authentic effect, a good communication culture within the company is essential. If employees enjoy working for their company, they will tell other people about it in their private lives and thus advertise their employer themselves. Don't forget: Companies advertise to employees.
An image question Companies apply to employees
In order to develop a good employer branding to the outside world, companies must clarify many things for themselves. One important question is: What image can and do I want to convey? Then it is necessary to develop strategies for the means by which this can be realized. In many cases, it makes sense to consult an external expert - if only because he or she has a neutral outside view of the company.
In the future, the task of companies will not only be to find the best and right employees. It is also important to offer prospects what is attractive to them. This is the only way to win over the best on the market.
Our offer for you in IT recruiting
If you want to reach the best IT professionals, contact us. indivHR helps to become even more successful in IT recruiting and to avoid common mistakes.
As IT recruiting specialists with many years of experience, we know exactly how to design the candidate journey so that you are always ahead of your competitors. So that you get the best employees.